Lemon is a critical piece of our Daily Habits. The easiest way to incorporate Lemon Oil into your daily habits is to add a few drops to your water. Drinking Lemon Water has many known to benefit the body, mind, mood, and spirit. But did you know that Lemon Essential Oil is even better in your water than the actual fruit? Well, it is. Add a drop of doTERRA Lemon Essential Oil to your water to aid in an uplifted mood, alkalizing the body, detoxing, as well as a natural antioxidant.
Ten of the other benefits of taking Lemon Essential Oil internally:
- Improves Digestion
- Boosts Immune System
- Hydrates your body
- Boosts Energy
- Promotes healthy and rejuvenated skin
- Reduces inflammation
- Weight loss and alkalizes your body
- Cleansing properties
- Freshens breath
- Boosts brain power
Six Simple Uses For Lemon Oil
- When taken internally, lemon oil can naturally cleanse the body and aid digestion.
- Diffusing will help cleanse and purify the air and surfaces in your home.
- A major benefit is it’s purifying properties which makes it the perfect component for homemade cleaning agents. If you are worried about dirt and grim lemon essential oil is the perfect solution.
- When seasonal changes start to bother you try taking lemon oil internally to assist with seasonal respiratory discomfort.
- When diffused, lemon is very uplifting and energizing and has been shown to help improve mood. Diffuse a few drops of lemon to promote and improve your outlook and mood.
- Add a few drops to a dishcloth to get rid of stubborn, sticky messes.
GET KELLY'S DAILY EO GUIDE
Oils can be so confusing! There are so many ways to use them. Look at Kelly's exact daily routine to see how you get use them all day long.
- The oils I use first thing in the morning for clear skin and digestion.
- Stress management oils and which to use before bed.
Safely Using Photosensitive Oils
Since citrus oils are a critical piece of our daily routine, remember though as with any of the citrus essential oils, using them internally does also promote sun sensitivities (photosensitivity). Be sure that when you are using the citrus oils on a regular basis that you are also applying your sunscreen. I recommend using sunscreen and other protective sun blockers of at least 30 SPF. Blocking UV rays by covering up will also help reduce your risk of reaction. In the months when the sun is out more, apply oil to the back, lower chest, or temples and wear a crewneck tee and hat. Just be sure that anywhere you apply a photosensitive oil on your body is fully covered with a heavy or tightly knit material.
Another safety measure when using photosensitive citrus oils, applying them at nighttime helps reduce the risks associated with these oils. Feel free to add these oils to your nightly skincare routine, evening body wash or lotion, bedtime bath, or relaxing before-bed foot, neck, or back massage.
If you are overly concerned about using citrus oils during the summer months know that you can also always diffuse them to avoid any risks and maintain the benefits of using them. If you have any questions or concerns about using Lemon oil please contact me.