This salsa is pleasing to the eye and to the taste. It’s is easy, healthy, vibrant, and so delicious that it’s better than a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow.
Jalapenos: Don’t let the size of this small pepper fool you, although it may only be two to four inches long, it packs a nutritional punch. Like other peppers, the jalapeno is rich in vitamin C, which is an antioxidant that can help prevent damage from free radicals. In addition jalapenos are also loaded with vitamin A, which supports skin as well as eye health.
Cilantro: Although often overlooked when talking about health benefits, this herb is very low in calories and contains no cholesterol. Its deep-green leaves possess great amounts of antioxidants, vitamins, and dietary fiber, which have the ability to help reduce “bad cholesterol” levels.
Black Beans: These beans are prized for their high protein and fiber content, as well as their abundant vitamins and fiber. They also contain high levels of iron, calcium, magnesium, and zinc, which can contribute to building and maintaining healthy bones, as well as lower blood pressure.
- 3 roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 red bell pepper, cored and diced
- 1 orange bell pepper, cored and diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cored and diced
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 fresh corn cobs, cut corn off of cob
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2/3 cup chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 drop of Cumin essential oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- tortilla chips
- Combine the tomatoes, jalapeno, bell peppers, black beans, corn, cilantro, and red onion in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl whisk together lime juice, garlic powder, Cumin essential oil, and salt until combined. Pour the juice over the salsa and toss until well combined.
- Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate.