A truly versatile oil, Melaleuca, or Tea Tree, essential oil holds over 92 different compounds and limitless applications. Hailing from Australia, the Melaleuca plant was a daily necessity for the early natives. The Aborigines would apply the leaves directly to the skin for a cooling effect. Eventually, the knowledge of Melaleuca’s numerous benefits spread worldwide, and Tea Tree oil is now frequently used topically for cleansing and rejuvenating skin.
Three Uses and Benefits of Tea Tree Oil
- A common use of Tea Tree oil is for haircare. Many people use Tea Tree oil for hair because of its topical cleansing, rejuvenating, and purifying properties. Unlike chemical-ridden haircare products, Melaleuca essential oil offers a soft, gentle element to any haircare routine.
- Like the ancient aborigines of Australia, many people still use Tea Tree oil for skin because of its purifying and toning properties. Because of these properties, Melaleuca oil can be used to help soothe occasional skin irritations. When you experience occasional skin irritations, apply one to two drops of Tea Tree oil onto the affected area, using doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil to dilute the oil if necessary. The skin cleansing properties of Tea Tree oil reach further than just helping with the occasional skin irritation, however. Consider adding one to two drops of Tea Tree oil to your facial cleanser or moisturizer for added cleansing properties. Making Tea Tree oil a part of your daily skin routine will help keep your skin clean, toned, and healthy looking.
- Diffusing Tea Tree oil can help purify and freshen the air in your home. When diffusing Melaleuca oil on its own, use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice. Looking for a revitalizing diffuser blend that will freshen and purify any room? Add 2 drops of Lemon, 2 drops of Eucalyptus , 1 drop of Melaleuca, and 1 drop of Peppermint to your diffuser for a rejuvenating diffuser bend that will cleanse the air and awaken your senses.
GET KELLY'S DAILY EO GUIDE
Oils can be so confusing! There are so many ways to use them. Look at Kelly's exact daily routine to see how you get use them all day long.
- The oils I use first thing in the morning for clear skin and digestion.
- Stress management oils and which to use before bed.
Another great cleaning oil and Melaleuca companion is doTERRA Purify Cleansing.
These are two oils that I go through constantly! Great for DIY cleaning the whole house. Melaleuca is also my skin-saver favorite and Purify is my usual laundry add-in to make sure my washer doesn’t get that gross mildew smell.
If you don’t know about Purify here’s some information. Purify is a doTERRA essential oil blend composed of select essential oils known for their cleansing, purifying, and protecting properties. This special blend is a household must-have as it can eliminate odors in a natural way, free of harmful chemicals. It can also be used as a cleaner for countertops and various surfaces. When used throughout the home, its light, herbal aroma will quickly dissipate potent and foul odors and help cleanse the air. Purify also contains protecting properties that can protect against environmental threats. This essential oil blend is an ideal natural product that will add to any cleaning cabinet.