I first turned to oils in 2013 to clear my skin. I had battled for years to improve my hormone hectic face. I had spent thousands of dollars on your typical acne products/procedures for years as a young person. I gave oils a shot out of desperation, and my skin was clear in a week and it’s been clear ever since.
In addition to clearing my skin, I ended up learning how and WHY I should replace EVERYTHING I used to clean my bathroom, kitchen, and house with essential oils.
It was also around this time that I learned that I had a hormone issue, which we now know is PCOS and I learned that for my hormone health, oils present a few obvious solutions:
- Active chemicals in essential oils can easily replace the use of toxic and synthetic chemicals used in cleaners.
- Our bodies know exactly what to do with plant chemistry and because of that oils circulate through the body quickly regardless of topical, aromatic or internal use.
- Taking oils internally is one of the easiest ways to detox the digestive system and support detox organs which is critical for metabolic health.
- Using essential oils to manage moods and sleep is a huge quality of life upgrade.
- I’ve used oils countless times to help correct misbehaving cycles and manage PMS symptoms.
- Oils are amazing for immune system response. I’ve only been sick once in 5 years!
You can replace your cleaning supplies with these Five essential oils:
- Eucalyptus: Tub, Tile
- OnGuard: Counters, Kitchen and All-Purpose
- Melaleuca: Washing Machine Odor, Makeup Brushes, Exercise Mats
- Lemon: Toilets, Sinks, Showers, Floors, Stainless Steel, Wood
- Lavender: Laundry and Carpets
- Peppermint: Windows, Mirrors, Pest Deterrent
Natural Cleaning Basics:
- Baking Soda: Absorbs and eliminates odor
- White Vinegar: Antifungal and antibacterial properties
- Castile Soap: Lifts dirt, cuts grease, eliminates tough stains
- Salt: Effective scouring agent
- Fractionated Coconut Oil: Cleanser, polisher